These are the Instructions that come with every new HydroFloss.
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions For Cleaning
- Special Tips
- Important Safeguards
Read All Instructions Before Using
Danger - To reduce the risk of electocution:
- Always unplug this product immediately after use.
- Do not use while bathing.
- Do not store product where it can fall or be pulled into a bath, shower or sink.
- Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
Warning - To reduce the riskf of burns, electrocution, fire or injury to persons:
- Thiis product should never be left unattended when plugged in.
- Close supervision is necessary when this product is used by, on or near children or adults requiring assistance.
- Use this product only for its intended use as described in the manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never opreate this product if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the product to the original point of purchase for examination and repair. [editors note, you should call before doing that]
- keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never use while drowsy.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening or hose.
- Do not use outdoors or where oxygen is being administered.
Save These Instructions
When using electrical applicances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including, but not limited to the following:
Precautions - In case where the physician or cardiologist has advised antibiotic premedication before dental procedures, consultation is recommended before using this product or any other hygiene aid.
Caution- This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way. House use only.
Instructions for Use
- Fill the reservoir with lukewarm tap water. Do not use distilled water.
- Insert the plug into a 110-120 Volt A.C. outlet.
- Insert the jet tip into the opening on the handle. Push down firmly until jet tip snaps into place
- Turn pressure control knob to the "High" setting.
- Direct the jet tip into the bottom of the sink basin and turn the the on/off knob to the "On" position.
- As soon as water begins to flow from the jet tip, press the water stop button on the handle, and turn the pressure control knob to the setting that you intend to use, that is comfortable to you.
- Direct the stream of water towards the gumline at 90 degrees, so that contact is made where the tooth and gums meet.
- Maneuver the flow of water from tooth to tooth, remembering to pause briefly between each tooth.
- Two full reservoirs should be used during each use.
Special Tips For Use
- Irrigating is a technique that relies on your sense of touch. Therefore, it is a food idea to PRACTICE while watching yourself in the mirror, without filling the reservoir or turning on the Hydro Floss. This will allow you to see the technique you will use. Pick a starting point and move the jet tip along your gums and between your teeth. As you practice, watch your movements and remember how it feels.
- While Irrigating, bend at the waist or tilt your head down over the sink. Leave your mouth partially open and keep your elbow raised. This allows the water to fall into the sink and will keep you and your bathroom surfaces dry. DO NOT attempt to watch yourself in the mirror. You will make a mess.
- Do not twist the entire handle of your Hydro Floss to achieve the correct irrigating angle. Instead, twist the jet tip itself. The handle design allows the jet tip to be twisted while the irrigator is operating. Twisting the handle will ultimately cause the hose to uncoil and / or kink.
- Be sure to press the reservoir down firmly when returning it to its place on the base of the Hydro Floss. You may use a cup to fill the reservoir. This is easier and less messy.
- The Hydro Floss may take five to ten seconds to begin pumping upon initial use. This is normal.
- Always leave the reservoir lid on while not in use.
- You may add two or three capfuls of your favorite mouth risne to the water in the reservoir.
- Always unplug your Hydro Floss before cleaning.
- Remove the reservoir and wipe dry both the inside and outside surfaces.
- Wipe dry the base and handle fo the Hydro Floss.
- Always unplug your Hydro Floss before cleaning.
- Fill the reservoir with very warm water.
- Turn the pressure control knob to the "High" setting.
- Remove jet tips and place handle in the bottom of the sink.
- Frimly turn the on/off knob to the "On" position and let reservoir empty into the sink.
- Repeat steps two to five.
- Be sure to dry your Hydro Floss as described in the steps for Daily Cleaning.
I hope you found these instructions and directions to be useful. If you have any questions, please call 1-888-586-6849.
If you don't currently have a HydroFloss, read more about it here.
Hydro Floss Sulcus Tip Instructions